Friday 16 November 2012

Bangkok (again)


We boarded a bus at about 6.30am in Phnom Penh and started a 15hr bus journey back into Thailand to Bangkok.  I was sooo tired and then kept getting dive bombed by mosquitoes.  Not what you need at that time of day. We got into Bangkok at about 8.30pm in the end which wasn't as bad as I thought.  Immigration was painless and we got an ac minibus into Bangkok in which I actually had 2 seats to myself - Bonus.



It's weird but I actually felt at home coming back to Bangkok.  The food the everything is just great!  I ate a lot of chicken and sausages on skewers. A lot people find it too much I guess but after Indian cities this made me feel so happy and so I guess I have that feeling whenever to venture back to it.  It's nice knowing how much transport is and how to ask for things and where to stay etc.  I had to wait here for a new bank card to be sent after some weird transaction showed up on my account.  Better safe than sorry.

We stayed for a few nights in a quiet bit of the red light district.  A bit more pricey but Andy was ill and then I caught a cold so we decided to live it up for a couple of nights.  I had my first Carl's Jnr burger.  I can report that it was a messy and dirty experience which I shall maybe repeat one day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment