Thursday 31 May 2012

Mumbai



It took almost 20 hrs spread`over 2 trains to get here.  I do feel like I had my first real Indian train journey as the 2nd train was not Air Conditioned and we had about 10 people trying to cram into what was a 3 person compartment. Nice.  Being sat by the window I got the full blast of Indian air and felt perhaps a bit too close to the scenery at times.



Again not much sight seeing, but we did spend a little  time on Marine Drive which overlooks the Iranian Sea. I'd love to come to Mumbai knowing someone who knows the city.  It seems to have a lot of life to it and the first Indian city that has a night life similiar to our own back home.  I've been missing having places where you can just go and have a drink and watch the world go by.  Really miss it.

It's a pity we only had 2 nights here, but I'm itching for some relaxation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment