Friday 18 May 2012

Agra to Jaipur









Jaipur is probably one of my favourite cities so far. We stayed at the Sajjan Niwas hotel which was really nice.   It was maybe a bit more westernised in feel than the other  cities we have been to but still retained the Indian touch that makes all these cities unique in experience.  Our rickshaw guy who picked us up from the station was quite the character.  His nickname was Richie Rich and he explained that he could drive us around Jaipur and show us the real city not just the Tourist spots, so we agreed and for 500rupees for the whole day it wasn't a bad deal.  We saw the central museum which was a beautiful building.  I dont really get that excited about olg jugs etc but it was very interesting and had a range of paintings and weaponry that was good to see. Then a few other sites as well.  We ended this tour bizarrely with a trip to a Guru.  I can't remember his name, but he is apparently well known and very on the mark.  I dont know if I would do it again I have to say.  He went straight in told us things about our lives that were totally true.  It's strange having someone hold a mirror to our face like that.  Maybe not the best way to end our tour.  We felt quite emotionally drained! Just glad I didn't cry.

Anyway suffice to say we decided to end our tour and head back.  I dont think Richie Rich loved that much as he wanted to drag us to some markets so he'd get extra commission as is the general custom.  He  sulked all the way back to our hotel.  At that moment though I didn't feel too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment